I could never figure out how to manage the runners and so the weeds took over and I had to clean out the spot and start over. Luckily the strawberry plants were still there so I did not have to buy more. I simply had to reorganize the beds into something I could manage.
To the left is a picture of how over grown it had become with weeds.
The planters you see in the front of my strawberries also contain strawberry plants. These are there just in case we move, then I have strawberry plant ready to trans port at anytime. Some of my planter have asparagus (this is an experiment) in growing asparagus in containers.