Wednesday, December 19, 2012

GARDEN PLAN 2013

December 2012, FOR GARDEN IN 2013

About this time of the year(cold, winter) I start wondering what I am going to plant in my garden for the next year.

Everything I planted in 2012 sold well at the Farmers Market except for the collard greens.  So the planting will remain the way it was.

My seedling that I started indoors last year did very well in the garden and selling at the Farmers Market.  Tomatoes sold the best, then peppers.  Requests were made for cucumbers, cantaloupe and watermelon, so I am adding those and subtracting, cabbage & collards. 

Jr. has put a greenhouse for me so the mess won't be in my kitchen this year like is was last year.  I will still be using toilet paper and paper towel rolls(see video) to start my plants.  I learned this year to replant my starts just as soon as I see them pop up and transplant into "selling" container only once.  I had transplants some of the starts three times because they out grew the first replanting pots(lesson learned).

I will be planting
Tomatoes

Roma
yellow
cherry
beefsteak
rutgers
adding a requested new one: grape(red and yellow)
CUCUMBERS
slicing(straight eights)
pickling
PEPPERS
JALAPENO
CHILI
GREEN/BELL
CAYENNE
LETTUCES
WATERMELONS:
large oval stripes
round stripes
add this year: large and round solid green
CANTALOUPES
OKRA
STRING BEANS
CORN
SQUASHES:
Zucchini
acorn
butternut
spaghetti
BRUSSEL SPROUTS
BROCCOLI
POTATOES(
RED AND WHITE)
ONIONS:
large white
candy whites
red
My onions sold extremely well so I will tripling those.
BEETS
TURNIPS
CABBAGE
EGG PLANT

No comments:

Post a Comment